The Rising Popularity of Bar Side Dining
According to research carried out by OpenTable.com, nearly 20% of restaurants without bars are currently looking to invest in one.
Because 55% of diners say they would visit a restaurant specifically for its bar menu and a quarter of all diners would choose to dine in the bar area of a restaurant before committing to a meal in the restaurant.
Advantages of a Bar Side Dining Offering to Restaurants:
- Diners are more likely to spend an entire evening in a restaurant that has an attractive and welcoming bar area
- Bar side dining offers the ability for a restaurant to vary its price points and subsequently grow their customer base
- The bar area allows a restaurant to diversify their offering; in terms of food offering (from small bites and seasonal menu’s) and in terms of functionality (from private parties to tasting events).
- Bar side dining allows for new menu’s to be tested.
- A bar side dining zone can add to the atmosphere of the entire venue; not only will the Bar Dining zone have its own unique atmosphere, it will also enhance the atmosphere of the more formal dining area.
With 61% of diners saying that they are more likely to visit a restaurant with a welcoming bar area – it is time to invest! According to the OpenTable research 65% of restaurants surveyed either have recently invested or are planning to invest in the bar within the next year.